Auditor Job Description
Job Summary-Auditor Job Description
The role performs financial, operational and systems/IT audits. The audit work is likely to focus on the ongoing review of core internal controls but will also include ad-hoc specialist reviews.
In undertaking each audit, the role will assess the management and control of risk, completing the audit work within planned timescales and in compliance with quality requirements. The role will also manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business and with other team members.
Key Responsibilities Auditor Job Description
• Prepare detailed audit testing plans that focus on key risks. This will involve gathering
information by meeting people at all levels across the company.
• Carry out rigorous audit testing, flexing work plans in response to findings and emerging risks.
• Acknowledge issues, impacts, root causes and recommendations with management throughout
the course of audit assignments.
• Act as an advocate for internal control, sharing expertise within the team and encouraging best practice behaviours across the business.
• Write clear, concise, robust and balanced audit reports.
• Lead or participate in tasks or projects required to meet departmental objectives.
• The role will also manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business and with
other team members.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience-Auditor Job Description
• Significant auditing experience, including review of General IT Controls and Internal Audit experience.
• Proven experience of working within an organisation of a comparable size or complexity
• Proven ability to quickly acquire new knowledge and skills.
• Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, operations, or investigations.
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of groups and individuals.
• Applicants will normally have at least one of the following professional qualifications as appropriate to the role:
• Qualified Accountant through a recognised professional body (e.g. ACA, ACCA,
• Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (UK)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor
• Direct experience of internal audit is desirable.
• It is desirable that applicants can demonstrate a significant level of audit or other relevant expertise in a required area of specialism:
• IT Security
• Production management
• Value for money/efficiency programmes
• Project management and/ or audit of major project and change activity
• Review and/or management of major contracts and business continuity