Business Development Manager Job Description
Job Purpose-Business Development Manager Job Description
Business Development Manager Job Description to nurture and develop existing contracts as well as foster innovation and build networks to support new profitable business growth.
Key Responsibilities-Business Development Manager Job Description
Provide a central point of contact for commercial opportunities (face to face, online, blended).
Creation and delivery of a portfolio of contracts, utilising the organisation expertise to the professional and executive market in line with the Strategy
Maintain a systemic approach to pipeline management and development.
Work with colleagues to ensure business plans align with organisation plans and target sectors in order to develop the business portfolio.
Actively scope new opportunities for Consultancy Projects through, for example, sales pitches, responding to RFPs, PQQs and ITTs, and creating or nurturing partnerships with professional bodies and commercial companies/public sector organisations.
Broker new partnerships including in-country overseas opportunities.
Evaluate new programme proposals; undertaking research and proposing new programme proposals to prospective clients.
Facilitate academic and client exchange to develop bespoke innovative programmes.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Accountability for progress against the business case and annual operating plans/targets.
INTERNAL LIAISON AND COMMUNICATION
Nurture internal relationships, developing and maintaining relationships with academic and professional service influencers and stakeholders.
Influence internal stakeholders to secure the best outcome for the business.
Support the Head of Business Development in building relationships with other internal functions to ensure strategic alignment for Professional Development.
Adopt and develop a continuous improvement approach to Business Development and Professional Education.
EXTERNAL LIAISON AND COMMUNICATION
Develop and manage relationships and connectivity to corporate decision makers, to understand market trends and the current and future needs of potential business partners.
Work with the Head of Portfolio Development to contribute and identify key marketing and communication messaging across hard and digital media.
Identify and commission market insight/market intelligence for portfolio and custom development.
Develop a public presence in the industry and network through a variety of B2B business development and networking activities, serving as a conduit for intelligence and learning in both directions.
PEOPLE AND CULTURE
Contribute to and promote a culture of continuous development
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-Business Development Manager Job Description
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and current trends
• Proven experience of business development and generating new leads, ideally in a professional or Executive Education environment
• Strong commercial awareness and financial planning skills
• Knowledge of contracts, intellectual property and other commercial considerations
• Proven influencing and negotiation skills across a diverse range of stakeholders and situations
• Excellent IT and presentation skills across the MS Office Suite
• Self-starting, entrepreneurial, inquisitive and resilient
• Thorough with high levels of attention to detail
• Collaborative, proactive and committed to diversity and inclusion
• Postgraduate or professional qualification
• Ability to work with both public and private sector client base
• Use of project management software/tools/CRM
• Knowledge and understanding of the sector