Campaign Planner Job Description
Job purpose-Campaign Planner Job Description
The Campaign Planner supports the strategic media planning of campaigns and brands. Responsible for the detailed planning of integrated marketing campaigns across company services.
• Responsible for applying the principles of media planning, marketing and advertising, and using
all available data to create audience focused campaign plans.
• Responsible for the coordination, tracking and evaluation of promotional campaigns across the company.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities-Campaign Planner Job Description
• Responsible for identifying strategic cross promotional opportunities for campaigns.
• Responsible for the creation and communication of detailed campaign media plans
• Understanding of digital, social and emerging platforms and
• Have an awareness and understanding of audience behaviours and cross media inventory audience synergies.
• Responsible for converting campaign strategy into clear campaign plans and implementation requirements for Operations team
• Responsible for implementing these messages by effective communication of each message.
• Liaises with Marketing to advise on creative marketing content to best suit the media campaign requirements.
• To work closely with external media agencies to develop an integrated plan that meets the campaign objectives.
• Manages unavoidable late changes to campaigns.
• Responsible for monitoring campaign performance
• Responsible for the creation and presentation of post-campaign evaluations and reporting on how to enhance future campaign activity to key stakeholders
• Analyses and applies media research to provide audience focus to whole planning process.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience-Campaign Planner Job Description
• Experience in media planning working within advertising,
media or integrated marketing agency.
• Experience of defining, co-ordinating and communicating promotional strategy.
• Experience of managing interactions with senior managers.
• Knowledge of audience trends and ability to analyse data, interpret and apply media research.
• An interest in commercial media and an understanding of
the how the commercial market could inform media planning
• Experience of developing new ways of working and processes.
• Experience of analysing and interpreting data.
• Knowledge of planning and evaluation systems.
• PC literate with spreadsheet experience.
• An understanding and application of media research and marketing
• A good understanding of creative marketing issues.
• Interest in and knowledge of media content.
• Ability to analyse viewing data and write reports.
• Good time management and able to work to deadlines.
• Good numeracy.
• Good communication skills, assertive and tactful.
• Motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Able to build and maintain good working relationships with a range of people.