Customer Service Advisor Job Description
Job Purpose-Customer Service Advisor Job Description
To be responsible for the provision of advice and information on all aspects of customer services via a range of methods and to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to a department and its external customers.
They will need to undertake a variety of administrative and support processes,accurately maintaining all associated systems and records
Key Responsibilities-Customer Service Advisor Job Description
1. Be responsible for delivering a high quality and professional information and advice service, responding to all format of enquiries personally and in group sessions using many mediums, liaising with a specialist service as required
2. Make accurate and effective use of computerised office systems to create and revise documents, recording all customer interactions and producing routine reports.
3. Undertake a variety of routine activities, administration processes and project work, developing and maintaining written procedures and standards within the team
4. Manage queries relating to incidents and emergency situations sensitively, promptly, accurately and effectively eliciting information, following procedures and treating all queries confidentially
5. Assist with customer complaints, trying to resolve where appropriate, and escalate to supervisor for discussion or advice
6. To handle initial support services applications, support form completion and quality checking processes for specialist services
7. Engage in partnership working with all internal departments to ensure the highest possible standard of service to all agreed client groups
8. The post holder is expected to plan own work activities to contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives and maintain and improve efficiency
9. The post holder is expected to undertake any other duties that fall within the scope of the post as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-Customer Service Advisor Job Description
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent and relevant demonstrable experience
Experience of working in a high volume, multi-functional service environment
Ability to simultaneously use multiple computer software packages and databases in addition to Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
High degree of computer literacy and excellent keyboard skills.
Experience of handling money or other financial transactions
Planning and Organising:
Ability to initiate, plan and organise ownprogrammes ofwork working to deadlines and agreed standards
Able to plan and co- ordinate departmental and external events delivery
Resourcefulness and flexibility in ensuring workloads are delivered within deadlines and to agreed standards.
Problem Solving and Initiative:
Proven ability to use initiative and judgement to resolve daily problems independently and through team working.
Demonstrate a capacity to contribute to solutions that continuously improve the service delivered
Able to confidently understand and resolve initial complaints and issues using standard
procedures, only escalating where required/appropriate
Management and Teamwork:
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and undertake partnership working with peers and stakeholders
Able to proactively take an allocated responsibility within a team to develop departmental initiatives
Communicating and Influencing:
Good interpersonal skills, demonstrated across a range of customers with varying requirements
Proven written and verbal communication skills, comfortable using a variety of communication technologies
Able to prepare and present routine written and verbal information, including in group environments
Enthusiastic, positive outlook with a proven ability to respond effectively in a pressurised environment to colleagues, and other stakeholders
Working hours may include rota pattern to cover opening hours, occasional evening and weekend working
Willingness to be rotated to other areas as needed, and to broaden depth and knowledge of experience
Willingness to learn and develop knowledge
Ability to work to 100% accuracy for all financial transactions