Customer Service Job Description
Job Purpose-Customer Service Job Description
Customer Service Job Description to provide information and signposting on a range of services enquiries received face to face, on the phone and by email to all customers including students, staff and visitors. To undertake a variety of administrative and support processes, accurately maintaining all associated systems and records.
Main responsibilities-Customer Service Job Description
1. Responsible for welcoming and attending to customers and to provide advice and support.
2. Undertake a variety of routine activities and administrative processes in accordance with written procedures and standards within the team.
3. Responsible for the secure handling of a variety of confidential items (e.g. post, keys, personal identification items) for customers.
4. To provide information about and signposting towards services and/or deal with general enquiries, referring the enquiry on to a specialist service for resolution if required.
5. Provide assistance to the team in managing fire alarm situations.
6. To make accurate and effective use of computerised office systems to create and revise documents, analyse data and communicate with colleagues and external customers.
7. To provide information to customers with regard to initial service applications and completion of documents.
8. To complete purchasing and sales processes, maintaining stock inventory as required.
9. The post holder is expected to plan own work activities to contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives and maintain and/or improve efficiency.
10. Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder.
• Undertake such tasks as are reasonably requested by Management
• The post holder is expected to work flexibly to provide services to a range of customers. As a maximum the post holder will be expected to work one weekday evening and 1 weekend day per month as well as specific peak times during the summer, including most weekends in September.
• Willingness to be flexible - rotate roles and responsibilities to increase breadth of experience
• Work within the bounds of the Confidentiality Policy and the Data Protection Act
• Comfortable with the physical aspect of post and parcel handling
• Agree to wear supplied uniform when working to present a professional corporate image.
Knowledge Skills and Qualifications-Customer Service Job Description
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
Skill level equivalent to achievement of NVQ2, GCSE or City and Guilds, with some relevant work experience.
Able to demonstrate a sufficient knowledge of work systems, equipment processes and standard IT packages.
Experience of working in a busy customer service environment
Ability to produce clear, accurate and concise written documentation.
Experience of handling money or other financial transactions
Planning and organising
Able to effectively organise allocated work activities and assist in the effective organisation of non-standard tasks and events.
Able to plan own work schedule effectively, working independently when needed.
Problem solving and initiative
Able to solve a range of problems by responding to varying circumstances, whilst working within standard procedures.
Ability to use own initiative to answer queries after training in standard procedures.
Management and teamwork
Able to contribute to team efficiency through sharing information and constructively supporting others.
Ability to adapt well to change and service improvements.
Communicating and influencing
Able to engage with a variety of stakeholders including residents, contractors and professional support services.
Able to seek and clarify detail.
Able to explain procedures and provide assistance where necessary.
Ability to demonstrate own duties to other colleagues as required.
Able to appropriately handle difficult situations with customers in accordance with procedures and signpost accordingly.
Other skills and behaviours
Excellent command of the English language
Able to understand cultural diversity.
Ability to speak a second language.
Working hours include rota pattern to cover evenings, with occasional weekend working.
Willingness to rotate to other areas to broaden depth and knowledge of experience.
Willingness to learn and develop knowledge.
Ability to handle confidential enquiries and data, and abide by Data Protection policy.
Access to own vehicle and a valid UK driving licence