Digital Account Manager Job Description
Job Summary Digital Account Manager Job Description
To be responsible for digital media content partner relationships (such as Seesaw, BT Vision and YouTube), ensuring we maximise revenues and profit from such exploitation in the territory through management of promotion, pricing and advertising around this content. around our content (on free services).
Main responsibilities-Digital Account Manager Job Description
• To support and progress deal negotiations for new digital deals and partnerships in the territory.
• To monitor global opportunities, liaising with regional teams and Research.
• To track the performance of digital media content
• To ensure the delivery of content to third party VOD platforms in accordance with contractual requirements,
• To work closely with UK clients and our EMEA sales team to maximise value from content promotions, and maximise advertising and sponsorship revenues around our content (on free services).
To negotiate new digital media deals and/or renew existing deals within the territory. On an ongoing basis, to negotiate the best possible promotional positioning for content on 3rd party platforms such as You Tube .
To manage the day-to-day relationship with UK customers where we have ongoing responsibility to supply content (both long form and short form) and generate revenue. To monitor trends in performance, and advise on content strategy in the digital space based on market trends.
Commercial & strategy:
Set, monitor and regularly update wholesale prices as appropriate for content on pay platforms. To maximise promotion of content on 3rd party sites to drive revenues.
To devise the ongoing content supply strategy to support the performance of content on third party platforms. To work with advertising sales teams and Research team to maximise revenues. To take into account any potential impact on other businesses of pricing, promotion and windows (see below) in key markets.
To look at creative ways of maximising revenue, for example, through launching of competitions, giveaways and free content
To be fully across all market activity and developments in digital media tracking developments such as Canvas and regional equivalents in other markets and evaluating potential opportunities.
To ensure that all branding needs are met as part of the execution of deals.
To build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, the marketing and PR teams.
To ensure all content recommended and delivered to clients is clear for use on the relevant platforms, through liaison with the commercial rights clearance team and the relevant Senior Sales Execs/Sales Execs. To ensure that content can derive profit on the platform e.g. that expected revenues exceed any costs to the business.
To develop and motivate direct reports including setting annual objectives and keeping these under review on a regular basis.
Financial Planning and Updates:
To set revenue forecasts for content that is to be provided to free and pay platforms. Provide regular updates to team and management on programme performance and performance of the company on 3rd party platforms.
Sales, Profit & Loss, and Sales Reporting responsibilities:
To be responsible for driving profits from an agreed list of clients being account managed focusing on agreed key metrics. To ensure all deals maximise profit throughout term, taking into account delivery, rights and investment costs. To ensure all revenues can be reported into internal sales and talent payment systems where relevant.
To identify and pursue new business development opportunities for digital media with existing and new clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-Digital Account Manager Job Description
In-depth knowledge of the digital media space and the emerging content and audiences in this area. To understand what competing distributors are doing and what propositions are available to the market.
• An interest and understanding of the broadcast and digital landscape across the world
• A strong working knowledge of revenue models in the online space – both advertising and transactional.
• A strong working knowledge of what other content is working in the digital space in the priority territories for the business.
• A thorough understanding of clearances for long form and clips for digital media exploitation, as well as a good understanding of the editorial and compliance issues surrounding providing content to the online market.
• A good understanding of the need to consider how content is windowed across different media.
Experience/ skills required:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Strong background in an external-facing TV or Digital Media environment with existing knowledge of programme content and how it works in a non-linear business.
• Strong account management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills and experience in commercial negotiation.
• Strong awareness of the digital media market and the programming that works in this space.
• Ability to identify strong business models and transfer these models between territories allowing for regional differences
• Excellent communication skills and evidence of building strong relationships with both internal divisions and customers.
• Organised and persistent, drive and commitment to ensure sales are made.
• A ‘complete finisher’ – someone that can demonstrate evidence of delivering solutions on a consistent basis.
• Good attention to detail.
• Good understanding of programme rights.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you