Digital Services Officer Job Description
Job Summary -Digital Services Officer Job Description
The Digital Services Officer developes, implements and maintains cloud-based digital content, applications, tools and repositories. This service will improve the ways in which we collect, process and report on information, and will facilitate innovative collaborative working and efficient information sharing across the business.
There will be responsibility for managing and supporting the use of SharePoint Online and Office 365 applications; seeking opportunities to improve processes and working methods, gathering requirements, developing solutions, producing intranet content, providing training to users and representing the needs and requirements of the business in digital collaboration projects.
The Digital Services Officer will monitor and report on the use of digital services across the business to inform decisions about ongoing use.
Other software they will be expected to work with could include:, Symplectic Elements, Terminal 4 CMS, Qualtrics, Confluence and other Office365 apps.
Key Responsibilities-Digital Services Officer Job Description
Developing digital services
• To work with colleagues to understand business processes; identifying opportunities to improve existing processes, collecting user and customer requirements and mapping workflows.
• To design, develop, test and implement tools, intranet sites and repositories using SharePoint or other software tools where appropriate.
• To use PowerApps and Power Automate to build applications incorporating forms and workflows to automate and improve internal business processes.
• To produce clear and comprehensive documentation in the form of glossaries, process workflow diagrams, system guides and user support for staff who will be responsible for maintenance and use of digital collaboration tools .
• To ensure all development work complies with industry design standards, relevant accessibility regulations (WCAG 2.0 Level AA) and data protection legislation (GDPR and PECR). System maintenance and customer service
• To review outdated digital services and plan upgrades and migrations to new technology.
• To support and advise users in their day-to-day use of SharePoint and other Office 365 apps.
• To regularly check for bugs and issues that would affect users.
• To provide one-to-one or group training.
• To maintain the centre SharePoint site and other intranets where necessary.
Monitoring and reporting
• To regularly monitor the operation of existing systems; analysing and interpreting the data and reporting findings to the Head of Digital Services to highlight issues and inform decisions.
Projects and collaboration
• To support the creation of a roadmap for application development.
• To lead SharePoint projects, providing support to users; communicating with site owners, testing any upgrade projects and managing the training delivery
• To play an active role in other Office 365 projects to the benefit of the business
• To work with staff in other departments who have SharePoint responsibilities to share best practice and identify areas where collaboration could lead to solutions for the benefit of the wider community.
External digital tools
• To provide support to the Head of Digital Services for external digital channels, including websites in the Terminal 4 CMS, Symplectic Elements and Professional Web pages.
• To work with the Head of Digital Services to identify content hosted on existing websites better suited to internal collaboration tools and to migrate this accordingly.
• To use online resources or attend conferences and seminars to network and follow the latest developments in the sector, and to keep technical skills up to date
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-Digital Services Officer Job Description
Hold a degree (or equivalent)
Experience of using and managing SharePoint Online sites
Experience of delivering training (one to one or to a group)
Technical and IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office 365
Experience of using Microsoft Power Platform, particularly development of Power Apps and Power Automate
Experience of Azure and SQL
Experience of using SharePoint Designer D Experience of using InfoPath
Experience of project management
Knowledge Good working knowledge of SharePoint Online and other 365 apps Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft’s Office 365 release methodology and published roadmap
Good understanding of web standards and accessibility
Good understanding of GDPR D Good understanding of user experience design principles
Skills & Abilities
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to understand and apply new concepts swiftly
Ability to apply knowledge creatively in new contexts, and to think beyond traditional solutions
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a broad range of people, including senior management
Strong written communication skills, with the ability to produce clear and concise written material
Ability to work effectively under pressure and to respond to frequently changing priorities
Ability to work independently to manage and prioritise a diverse workload
Ability to work well as a member of a team, or on own initiative