HR Administrator Job Description
Job Summary HR Administrator
To provide administrative support to the HR Business Partnering team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities HR Administrator Job Description
1. Contribute to the effective provision of HR Business Partnering Services through
effective team working.
2. Ensure observation of confidentiality requirements at all times including GDPR provisions.
3. Collect, date stamp and distribute incoming mail and dispatch outgoing mail in accordance with required deadlines.
4. Receive visitors to the HR department, handle enquires and refer as appropriate. Take telephone calls, assisting callers with their enquiries and providing a customer focused service for both internal and external users. Support HR team colleagues by proactively intercepting calls as necessary.
5. Undertake HR photocopying and filing as required.
6. Undertake the scanning and electronic filing of personal filing on a timely basis; ensuring that appropriate naming conventions are applied.
7. Monitor supplies / stationery and re-order as necessary ensuring that orders are
appropriately authorised and that stocks are replenished only within requirements to avoid over ordering / stockpiling.
8. Support HR team members in establishing disciplinary and grievance hearings and other meetings including those in relation to mediation processes, ensuring adherence to policies and time scales, and effective communication with all parties.
9. Compile and issue management packs associated with employee relations casework,
taking responsibility for the accurate collation of documentation and timely issue to those involved.
10. Liaise as necessary with managers, staff, and trade union representatives in support of employee relations case work
11. Liaise with HR colleagues, managers, staff and Payroll services to ensure the effective resolution of Payroll and other queries.
12. Utilise the reporting functionality of various software platforms e.g. GRS/ESR/ER Tracker to produce a range of reports and manipulate within Excel according to departmental requirements.
13. Maintain the employee relations casework system (ER Tracker) with progress and
14. Liaise as necessary with the HR Hub ensuring that local recruitment activities are
completed in a timely manner.
15. Support the provision of Awards ceremonies particularly with reference to
undertaking length of service checks and compilation / verification of awardee lists.
16. Take minutes and notes of meetings as required, including disciplinary investigations, grievance hearings and HR team meetings; ensuring that notes are transcribed, approved, and disseminated on a timely basis.
17. Undertake administration tasks associated with Secondary Employment applications, including ensuring appropriate authorisation is obtained, correspondence and filing.
18. To undertake administrative tasks associated with Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests
19. Compose and issue correspondence as directed by HR team members.
20. Provide administrative support to HR BP colleagues and undertake delegated activities as required ensuring timely completion.
21. Ensure appropriate departmental housekeeping commensurate with a professional HR office, initiating improvements in working procedures as necessary
General duties and Responsibilities
Enhance own performance through continuously developing own knowledge, skills and
behaviours to meet the current and future requirements of the job and respond to
Act within acceptable parameters as an employee having regard to the
applicable ‘Code of Conduct for your role and ensuring own practice is in accordance with policies.
Maintain own CPD and contribute to own personal development by participating in annual appraisal with line manager, developing a PDP, and actively participating in agreed learning activities and evaluating effectiveness of learning in relation to role.
Regularly review own practices and makes changes in accordance with current and/or best practice, makes suggestions for improved practice and identifies where other activities affect own practice
To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
To contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the teams in which he/she
To contribute to a healthy, safe and secure working environment by adhering to health and safety regulations, policies, procedures and guidance. Take necessary action in relation to risks in the workplace including supporting others to manage risks and reporting incidents as necessary.
To act in ways that support equality and diversity and the rights of individuals, ensuring own practice is in accordance with policies. Identify and take action when own or others’ action undermines equality and diversity.
To raise concerns around risk, malpractice or wrongdoing at work, which may affect
staff or the organisation, at the earliest reasonable opportunity.
The post holder will be required to adapt to and undertake different or new duties in line with professional and service developments This Job Description is intended as a general guidance to the duties and responsibilities of the post and is not, therefore, exhaustive. It will be subject to review, in light of changing circumstances and in consultation with the post-holder.
Knowledge Skills and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education
Level 3 qualification in Business Admin or willingness to work towards
Qualification in Microsoft office
Qualification in general business administration
Part or fully CIPD qualified
Skills and Abilities
Computer literacy with competency using the full Microsoft Office package and strong keyboard skills
Effective verbal and written communication skills,
displaying tact when dealing with sensitive issues
Organisational and planning abilities to effectively prioritise work
Ability to multitask, switching between a range of activities
Demonstrates initiative and able to work without close supervision
Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Numerical data analysis ability for production of reports
Understands the importance of and ability to maintain
confidentiality at all times
Ability to act as a supportive team member
Knowledge and Experience
Substantial administrative support experience within a complex organisation
Experience supporting the preparation of complex data based reports
Experience in the maintenance of information systems and databases
Experience within a HR environment including the use of HR information systems and databases
Minute taking experience
Experience of supporting process of disciplinary and other
hearings including note taking
Flexible and highly motivated
Project a professional image
Flexible approach to work and be prepared to work evenings and weekends when required