HR Assistant Job Description
Job Summary HR Assistant:
To provide an efficient HR service in accordance with employment legislation and organisational policy and procedure. To provide comprehensive, high quality administrative and recruitment support by undertaking a wide range of administrative tasks and efficiently working with office systems and processes.
Key Responsibilities Responsibilities HR Assistant
• To provide a proactive and professional HR customer service to managers and staff in person, via email or other written correspondence and over the phone.
• To act as a first point of contact within the HR team, dealing with general queries, providing day-to-day guidance, signposting others to the most appropriate resource and referring more complex matters to the HR Business Partner.
• Act as a first point of contact for HR Systems queries.
• Support the HR function in receiving, processing and communicating routine and sensitive data.
• Support HR services in recruitment, including job advertisement, shortlisting matrixes, interview scheduling, note taking and candidate feedback.
• Support with the preparation of new employment documentation including offer letters, contracts of employment and training agreements.
• Produce employee letters as directed using templates.
• Arrange all pre-employment checks, including applications, verifying ID documentation, checking professional registrations, referrals to occupational health, driving licence checks etc. as applicable per role. Provide feedback to the HR Business Partner and Managers on the outcome of checks completed.
• Ensure and monitor the completion of mandatory eLearning across all staff groups
• Support with the coordination of employee induction programmes.
• Provide administrative support across all HR processes including performance, absence management, disciplinary and grievance issues.
• Maintain and update a regular schedule of employee data and associated actions and maintain personnel files on an ongoing basis. Ensure a high degree of accuracy.
• Maintain and ensure the accuracy of staff information on the HR System.
• Maintain the HR payroll processing on a regular basis, submitting paperwork to Payroll in a timely manner, including starters, leavers, contractual changes, overtime reports, maternity/paternity leave and sickness absence etc.
• Support with the process of Maternity, Adoption, Paternity and Parental leave requests. Support with the process for Flexible Working requests.
• Track the schedule for and remind managers to complete probationary reviews and annual appraisals.
• Manage the process for staff to receive the Long Service Award/Vouchers.
• Undertake administration to support the leaver process, including exit interviews.
• Deal with reference requests.
• Support periodic auditing of records and employee information.
• Oversee the process for ensuring agency and locum compliance, maintaining an accurate register to support managers with staffing shifts.
• Arrange formal and informal meetings as requested, ensuring these are within timescales in policy where applicable.
• Attend meetings/hearings to take notes.
• Compile reports and extract HR data as needed for the HR Business Partner.
• Assist in producing, distributing and collating responses to employee surveys.
• Maintain organisation structure charts, ensuring that it is a current and accurate reflection of the organisation’s hierarchy.
• Arrange and coordinate training courses as directed.
• Provide administrative support to a range of HR projects.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EDUCATION HR Assistant
Qualifications and Training
Educated to G.C.S.E. Standard or equivalent with Maths and English at Grade C or above
• NVQ Level 3 Business Administration or equivalent professional experience
Experience and Competencies
• Previous experience within an administrative role in a fast-paced office environment.
• Previous experience working with a range of staff and managers at all levels.
• Previous experience with an inhouse system and/or database.
• Able to set up and maintain effective administration, filing and data tracking systems.
• Adept at managing multiple tasks and prioritising own workload to match management objectives.
Knowledge and Skills
• Competent in all Microsoft Office packages.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to deal with information and enquiries in a tactful manner.
• Well organised and efficient in an office setting, able to meet deadlines set.
• Good numeracy skills.
• Accurate with a high attention to detail.
• Able to work without constant supervision.
• Professionally minded, maintains an objective viewpoint, and able to deal sensitively with matters whilst maintaining confidentiality.
• Able to work well within a team.
• Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to confidentiality.
• Hands-on with a confident, can-do attitude.
• Proactive, enthusiastic and motivated.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Able to build strong working relationships.
• Resilient in dealing with emotive or sensitive issues.
• Demonstrates an interest in HR.