HR Recruitment Officer Job Description
Job Purpose-HR Recruitment Officer Job Description
The main focus of this post is to recruit new staff in a pro-active, cost
effective and timely manner.
Key Responsibilities- HR Recruitment Officer Job Description
The Recruitment Officer is required to build up excellent working relationships with recruiting managers, ensuring recruitment is conducted in as pro-active a way as possible,
utilising various recruitment methods and in accordance with recruitment and
selection procedures. To include:
• Initiating contact with recruiting managers following approval to recruit.
• Providing advice to recruiting managers on suitable advertising media (eg print,
online, social) using data obtained from previous campaigns and based on
knowledge of the recruitment market.
• Ensuring job details are accurate prior to advertisement and the correct approval
process has been completed.
• Review job descriptions and person specifications to ensure they are fit for purpose,
inclusive and relevant.
• Advise on advert content and ensure the job is presented in the best way.
• Create bespoke application forms for campaigns.
• Monitor campaigns and react as appropriate, keeping recruiting managers informed
• Review completed shortlisting to ensure accuracy and adherence to the Disability
• Be aware of UKVI visa requirements when recruiting.
• Identify possible areas for improvement in the recruitment and selection process.
• Review each campaign post recruitment and ensure a continuous improvement
approach for the next time.
• Run regular reports on recruitment activity for stakeholders.
• Assist with running the Recruitment and Selection training session for managers.
The Recruitment Officer is also responsible for the associated recruitment administrative tasks, to include:
• Responding to recruitment phone calls and emails within agreed time frames.
• Maintaining recruitment web pages.
• Meeting with recruitment agencies and advertisers.
• Preparing recruitment information packs.
• Market the organisation as an employer of choice, attending recruitment events when
• Maintaining recruitment module of HR database, ensuring every
campaign is always up to date.
• Co-ordinating the shortlisting process.
• Arranging interviews/selection processes, to include composition of panel, scheduling of interviews, room booking etc.
• Actioning all recruitment correspondence, including invitations to interviews and
• Interviewing on occasion, if necessary.
• Process invoices related to general administration and recruitment.
• Archive recruitment files as necessary and ensure they are destroyed after
appropriate time frame.
• Process pre-employment checks to include Right to Work checks, DBS checks
(where required), qualification/professional membership checks.
• Apply for references for all new starters, chasing as required and following up as
• Ensure pre-employment health checks are completed and any concerns raised with
• Drafting and issuing appointment letters and contracts under direction of the HR Coordinator ensuring other relevant paperwork is correctly and accurately completed,
setting up new and maintaining employee files (electronic and paper) as appropriate
to include all relevant documentation.
• Provide new starter details to line managers in a timely fashion.
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-HR Recruitment Officer
GCSE (or equivalent) Maths at grade C/4 or above
GCSE (or equivalent) English at grade C/4 or above
Dealing with and building relationships with staff, management and candidates
At least 2 years’ experience of working in a busy office in an administrative role
Experience or understanding of recruiting staff, either
within a HR/recruitment function or as a manager
Experience of using social media or other recruitment platforms to source candidates
Office administrative procedures
Proficient in the use of: MS Word, Outlook Excel
Knowledge and experience of using databases
Knowledge and experience of using an applicant tracking system/HR database, ideally iTrent