Job Description Business Intelligence Officer
Role Summary-Job Description-Business Intelligence Officer
To build and present management information reports (with a focus on analytics), and provide operational support for Business Intelligence projects, in order to add value to business decision making processes
Main Responsibilities-Job Description Business Intelligence Officer
1. Build and deliver management information reports based primarily on data from a data warehouse and external sources, using software packages such as Power BI to create these reports.
2. To provide operational support, advice and analyses to colleagues with a focus on analytics, through effective written, verbal and visual communication.
3. To build and maintain relationships with contacts in other services, faculties or external bodies including participating in networks/working groups to coordinate activity and build effective relationships.
4. To generate management information reports to answer specific business questions and inform decision making.
5. To contribute to projects using specialist knowledge and/or lead short term projects within own service.
6. To prepare and deliver briefings, training and presentations as required.
7. To act as a senior member of the team, supporting the team to meeting its objectives and timescales and supporting the induction and training of staff in the team.
8. To support other service staff in the provision of advice and guidance through provision of training and policy interpretation.
9. To comply with the equal opportunities policy, and use this role to promote equal opportunity wherever possible.
10.To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and comply with rules and guidance relating to health and safety matter.
11.Any other reasonable duties that fall within the scope of the post as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder.
Knowledge Skills and Experience-Job Description Business Intelligence Officer
1. Educated to degree level or can demonstrate equivalent professional experience.
1. Experience of work with complex data base systems and of extracting, analysing and interpreting data to produce reports and presenting information to others.
2. Good organisational skills and can demonstrate broad based administrative experience in a professional or specialist service in a large complex organisation
3. Excellent IT skills with experience of email, MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to expert level.
4. Good communication skills, including the ability to describe complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
5. Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a range of partners and customers.
6. The ability to use creativity and innovation to solve complex problems.
1. Experience of using statistical methodologies to produce analytical reports.
2. Experience of using data visualisation software such as Power BI, Tableau, or Business Objects.
3. Experience of working with large and complex IT record systems
1. Leadership and motivation
Able to support, guide and encourage others in the team to achieve individual and team objectives. Demonstrates respect for others, fairness, equality, tolerance and openness.
2. Planning and organising to achieve results
Is able to prioritise own workload to achieve required goals and supports team members to manage tasks efficiently and effectively.
3. Commercial awareness
Demonstrates an awareness of the commercial and financial environment and how they can contribute to achieving goals. Strives to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
4. Delivering excellent service
Recognises the importance of maintaining the highest standards of service for all the customers.
5. Continuous improvement, innovation and change
Seeks to innovate and change in order to enhance personal achievement and service provision.
6. Communicating and influencing
Communicates in a constructive and positive manner. Supports other team members to develop or enhance their skills.
7. The ability to develop yourself and others
Seeks opportunities to enhance personal learning and development. Demonstrates the ability to support and coach others.
8. Teamwork and collaboration
Is able to work collaboratively with team members and to contribute to the development and achievement of team goals.