Job Description IT Communications Officer
Summary of role-Job Description IT Communications Officer
To ensure that Digital Innovation and Technology Services communicates accurately and effectively about their IT services, with a focus on user needs.
Main Responsibilities-Job Description IT Communications Officer
Strategy and Planning
1. Understand the organisational and customer IT needs and deliver relevant communications.
Service Development and Delivery
2. Design and deliver digital and social media content to promote or inform users about IT services.
3. Create a newsletter for distribution to Digital Innovation and Technology Services staff.
4. Support communications for IT projects.
5. Have an awareness of design principles and following branding guidelines.
Teamwork and Motivation
6. Work with DITS teams to collate information required for the newsletter.
7. Work with teams external to DITS to deliver effective communications.
8. Work with the Projects team to support IT project communications.
9. Seek out opportunities where communication needs improvement.
Communication and Collaboration
10. Collaborate with teams within DITS and other members of Customer Support Services to ensure communications are delivered when required and to a high standard.
11. Work with staff in Communications and External Relations, and other departments to support some of the communications that needs to be delivered into the wider and marketing campaigns.
12. Deliver and participate in the sharing of knowledge amongst the Customer Experience Team.
Investigation, Analysis and Research
13. Investigate user needs to deliver communications in the right way, for the right services to the right people.
14. Research the variety of different ways to deliver marketing messages and select the ones most relevant for each service and audience.
15. Keep abreast of new developments, approaches, and good practice across the sector.
Knowledge Skills Experience Education-Job Description IT Communications Officer
Hold a degree in an IT or Marketing discipline or equivalent experience.
Background in marketing or delivery of communications campaigns.
Experience of collating information from disparate sources and producing consistent and easily readable content.
Experience of tailoring marketing messages to different audiences via a variety of channels.
Interest in or experience of working in an IT environment.
Experience of user needs analysis.
Experience of using web content management systems to produce web pages.
Experience of seeking content and writing newsletters.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent written English with the ability to write in a clear, accurate, concise and engaging way.
Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels.
Strong administrative and organisational skills.
Exceptional attention to detail.
Competent using Microsoft Office and other software tools.
The ability to manage competing priorities and work to deadlines in a busy environment.
The ability to work independently or as part of a team
Ability to meet the requirements of UK ‘right to work’ legislation.
Flexibility in working arrangements.