Marketing Assistant Job Description
Job Summary-Marketing Assistant Job Description
To support the marketing team in delivering a wide range of customer-centric marketing activities and provide administrative and clerical assistance to the marketing team.
Main Responsibilities-Marketing Assistant Job Description
Provide support and assistance to a portfolio of business areas where required.
Marketing Activities Including:
• Copywriting – preparing draft copy (long and short form) for marketing manager/officer approval for use on multiple channels.
• Email marketing including preparing lists of email addresses for a campaign including cleansing data, sourcing lists, responding to customers, running reports and analysing statistics.
• Direct marketing including preparing, sourcing and cleansing data lists against set procedures, setting up mail merge documents, printing letters and helping with fulfilment and distribution.
• Undertaking market research including undertaking desk research, analytics and preparing reports on customer feedback.
• Regular benchmarking and competition monitoring.
• Supporting with web management including SEO, content development, user testing, link building and content swapping.
• Helping to create, manage, develop and evaluate effective social media content and campaigns.
• Advertising support including briefing agencies or suppliers, sourcing appropriate print and online media and confirming key details such as audiences served, key deadlines and format requirements.
• Acting as ‘eyes and ears’ for the customer when out and about across campus and feeding back information to the marketing team to address.
• Help to prepare, organise and manage events and exhibitions where required both on and off site including administration on behalf of the teams.
• Support the team with general project tasks, which may involve working on a wide variety of projects, supporting the development and distribution of content and collateral.
• Assisting in the briefing of internal and external resources as required e.g. design, artwork, print and photography.
• Ordering promotional items for events or for customer visits.
• Sourcing best prices for small quantities and making sure items are appropriate for purpose.
• Managing project timelines, coordinating activity and communications between marketing teams.
• Preparing briefing information for different teams when required e.g. collation of samples/visuals and costs and feeding back to other teams the comments of the marketing team.
• Help to ensure that all material produced is free from errors and omissions.
• Take ownership of small projects/ smaller sections within a larger project – reporting into the relevant marketing manager or officer.
• Help with the preparation and distribution of marketing material across campus.
• Help with the preparation of evaluation reports relating to campaign successes.
• Ensure that all work is saved in the correct place on the server and/or is filed in a way that can be easily accessed by other team members.
• Managing the supply of marketing materials.
• Support the marketing team to manage assets and consent for assets created for the individual brands – e.g. images, video, case studies etc.
• Prepare for and attend status meetings, ensuring accurate notes on all matters arising are distributed to the project teams.
• Ensure that all conversations in respect of meetings, quotes, confirmations, instructions are put in writing immediately, and distributed or filed where appropriate.
• Ensure that any samples received are disposed of in an appropriate manner or returned to suppliers.
• Obtain at least three quotes for all bought in services.
• Provide accurate and complete purchase orders within 24 hours of commissioning the work.
• Set up meeting rooms for meetings/brainstorms.
• Participate in meetings, brainstorms and focus groups.
• Keep up to date with developments/news in the marketing industry relating to the different sectors.
• Help with general office tasks.
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-Marketing Assistant Job Description
1-Educated to GCSE level or equivalent; to include English and Mathematics.
2-Experience of working within commercial environment.
3-To be diligent and enthusiastic, willing to learn and take guidance from others.
4-Good communication skills and ability to work with people from other disciplines.
5-The ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
6-The ability to write copy for marketing materials with a keen eye for detail.
7-A good standard of written and verbal communication.
8-Competent use and prior knowledge of all relevant IT software packages.
9-Excellent organisation skills with the end focus being to provide excellent customer service.
10-Ability to work efficiently and effectively whilst following policies and processes.
11-Ability to follow procedures and processes diligently.
12-Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
CIM or equivalent qualification.
Experience of working with digital marketing technology