Organisational Development Specialist Job Description
Job Role-Organisational Development Specialist Job Description
Development, delivery and leadership of local and institution wide programmes of organisational development activity, informed by the people enabling plans, to facilitate implementation of the Strategy.
Key Responsibilities-Organisational Development Specialist Job Description
1. Take a strategic and proactive focus to scope, develop, and deliver a range of organisational development (OD) and change interventions, to support strategic aims, enabling new ways of working and operating models to be developed and embedded within a values-led culture.
2. Work as an internal consultant providing expert OD and change advice and support, and constructively challenge client business needs and expectations to ensure the achievement of the organisational vision and strategic aims.
3. Effectively lead and manage organisational change projects, using agreed project and change management tools and techniques, engage key stakeholders and manage implementation against agreed time frames, budget and report against agreed performance measures.
4. Work collaboratively across the wider Directorate and with other learning and development teams to support change and development projects for enhancing organisational effectiveness.
5. Work with PSBPs applying OD needs analysis to identify client group needs and design and deliver interventions to improve performance, productivity and overall organisational effectiveness.
6. Apply qualitative and quantitative data gathering methodologies to interventions to assess their impact and ensure appropriate organisational development and change is effectively monitored and measured and monitored for return on investment and long term value.
7. Lead the design and delivery of staff engagement activities to improve staff engagement, develop a culture of positive mental health and wellbeing, enhance the student learning experience and increase organisational performance.
8. Design synchronous and asynchronous learning and development materials in a range of methodologies, including workshops, group coaching, e-learning, digital assets and video content to support the delivery of OD interventions.
Engage in OD communities of practice and learning to keep abreast of new development in the field and bring new approaches and learning into practice.
Knowledge Skills Experience Education-Organisational Development Specialist Job Description
1 - Significant experience of design, delivery and evaluation of OD and change interventions including – Change Management initiatives, Learning and Development Programmes, Team and Leadership Development, Coaching, Mentoring, staff engagement programmes.
2 - Experience in managing business transformation and change programmes and projects, with the ability to develop business cases, project plans, identify risks and create appropriate mitigation plans.
3 - Staff engagement – use of staff survey instruments and output analysis to inform organisational and local interventions.
4 - Understanding of organisation development and change theories and methods, with demonstrable experience of practical and successful application of these, within a complex environment.
5 - Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage with a range of partners and stakeholders, clearly articulate messages and tailor communications in ways that meet the needs and motivations of client groups at all levels.
6 - Excellent facilitation skills creating non-threatening inclusive environments to support productive debate, the robust expression of ideas, group dialogue, and decision making.
7 - Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and influence at all levels across the organisation and confidently manage multiple stakeholders’ expectations.
8 - Project management knowledge and experience, including application of methodologies to effectively manage concurrent OD intervention projects.
9 - Ability to manage multiple work projects and a diverse workload, whilst retaining resilience and credibility under pressure.
10 - High degree of digital literacy in MS Office, and experience using technology based learning platforms, for the design and delivery of synchronous and asynchronous learning and development interventions.
11 - Administration and facilitation of individual personality instruments and team tools e.g. Everything DiSC, Myers-Briggs, Belbin, TKI, etc.