People Advisor Job Description
Job Purpose-People Advisor Job Description
People Advisor Job Description to provide proactive support to stakeholders in employee relations cases, recruitment and performance and absence.
You will be coaching managers and developing excellent working relationships with your client groups. In this generalist role, you will also undertake project work (as required) working closely with the wider People Team in supporting business strategy and facilitating change programmes.
You will have experience of leading and supporting employee relations cases to conclusion. You will be an effective communicator, willing to challenge and coach as necessary and enjoy working with rapidly changing priorities.
Flexibility, pace and resilience are key as is the ability to manage multiple competing demands in a complex global environment.
Key Responsibilities-People Advisor Job Description
1. Responsible for case management across an allocated area(s) of the Group. Lead and support managers in all employee relations matters, including disciplinary, capability, grievance, redundancy, absence and restructure activity within their teams. Working with discretion and sensitivity at all times.
2. Advise, coach and support managers and employees in all significant areas of HR policies and procedures, as appropriate and necessary. Ensuring policies are followed and advice is in line with current Employment Law requirements.
3. Manage the sickness absence procedure for both frequent and long-term sickness absence, work alongside line managers to establish an appropriate and personalised strategy to facilitate early return to work, undertaking home visits and liaising with occupational health services as required.
4. Lead on the capability and performance procedures, (including probationary) ensuring Managers are equipped and supported to achieve and maintain a high performance culture within their team.
5. Support the People Partners in the preparation of Employment Tribunal cases, including arranging case conferences and briefings, preparing bundles and other information for legal purposes.
6. Support the full Organisational Change process, including working with complex spreadsheets, supporting the job evaluation process, meeting with, and offering support to affected colleagues and managing the process between different areas of the People Team to ensure on time delivery.
7. To design, develop and implement relevant interventions across a variety of mediums to customer areas to ensure they are trained on any updated legislation, guidance or processes in relation to People frameworks, policies, standards and procedures, drawing in the relevant Centre of Expertise, as required.
8. To work as a member of the project team for projects led by the Directors of Partnering and to take ownership for the delivery of allocated actions in support of the project.
9. To effectively evaluate the development interventions and their impact, review and update content as appropriate, in the context of the customer areas People Plan.
10. To proactively identify opportunities to improve employee experience and people processes through undertaking internal diagnosis to understand barriers and possible solutions; conducting external research into good practice and new ideas. Sharing the feedback with the Centre of Expertise to ensure continuous improvement.
11. Responsible for working with line managers to draft fit for purpose Job Descriptions and ensuring they are evaluated through the appropriate reward framework.
12. Participate in the recruitment, induction and training of staff, providing an effective resourcing service to the area as informed by the customer’s people plan.
13. Take responsibility for responding to Freedom of Information and Data Subject Access requests and action accordingly within the required timescale
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-People Advisor Job Description
Qualified to Degree level in a relevant subject and / or significant demonstrable HR experience Must hold, or be willing to work towards, CIPD or equivalent professional qualification
Demonstrable and relevant substantial operational experience within a HR advisory role in a large, complex, matrixed organisation. Knowledge and experience of working with key HR policies (i.e. disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence management) Case Management experience up to and including ET preparation.
Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality services through excellent customer service skills and practices. Experience and proficient at drafting proposals, documents, presentations and communications materials.
Job-related skills/ Aptitudes
The ability to interpret employment/labour law in a range of complex work situations and mitigate risk.
Excellent presentation and facilitation skills; including public speaking using a virtual and classroom environment and able to adapt style to a variety of audiences.
Strong planning and organisation skills to keep projects on track. Excellent written and oral communication skills; clear and succinct communication with multiple stakeholders.
Ability to use initiative, independent judgement, tact, diplomacy and decisiveness while working under the pressure of constantly changing priorities, unanticipated urgent demands, multiple tasks, and projects with competing deadlines.
Ability to problem solve using creativity, persistence and tenacity when the optimal solution may not be immediately apparent but has to be assessed by a process of reasoning, weighing up the pros and cons of different approaches, identifying and assessing practical options and risks.
Significant experience of using Microsoft Office and HR information systems.
Well-developed and demonstrable influencing and persuasion skills to engage customers and stakeholders at all levels across the Group.
Able to deliver convincing presentations with clarity and impact to gain commitment from others.
Able to work with minimum supervision, with the ability to prioritise and make decisions based on clear criteria.
Works effectively and inclusively and able to relate to individuals from a variety of diverse backgrounds, cultures, ages and experience with courtesy and professionalism, establishing and maintaining co-operative working relationships.