Personal Assistant Job Description
Job Purpose-Personal Assistant Job Description
Personal Assistant Job Description to support the VP and team with administrative support, managing diaries, travel arrangements, service meetings, events and be the first point of contact for the Office.
The role will require initiative in progressing activities, organising paperwork, solving problems and proposing actions. You will be a highly motivated and proactive individual with excellent organisation and customer services skills.
Key Responsibilities-Personal Assistant Job Description
● Provide effective management of diaries and associated resources continually reviewing and prioritising competing demands to ensure a high level of service is provided at all times.
● Book travel and accommodation arrangements for the VP and the Faculty Team.
● Be the first point of contact for the Office, which will involve greeting visitors, providing refreshments and dealing effectively with enquiries in person, on the telephone and in writing, in liaison with colleagues throughout
● Provide PA support as required, supporting them to plan for future work.
● Arrange and contribute to the planning of internal and external meetings and events, including room booking, AV facilities, communicating arrangements, agreeing agendas, travel, catering, liaising with external bodies, managing arrangements for visitors and troubleshooting as necessary at the events to ensure that they run smoothly.
● Provide financial administration including purchasing and goods receipting (using purchasing cards and SAP).
● Maintain an organised and secure system to store and retrieve electronic and paper information relating to the work of the VP and Team
● Update, maintain, share and retrieve relevant paper and electronic information to a very high standard relating to the Office.
● Provide committee servicing including requesting agenda items, preparing agendas, compiling and circulating papers, drafting and issuing minutes and monitoring and recording progress on actions.
● Provide support for human resource activities including the processing of relevant documentation, assisting with staff recruitment events and arrangements for Staff Review and Development Scheme activities.
● Provide support for the technical staff health surveillance scheme including liaising with the HR Department, health assessment personnel and relevant staff.
● Proactively seek new training and development opportunities.
● Provide cover when the Executive Assistant is absent.
● As a member of our Professional staff you will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to the professional behaviours.
As a member of staff you will be encouraged to make ethical decisions in your role, embedding the sustainability strategy into your working activities wherever possible.
● Any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post.
Knowledge Skills Experience Education-Personal Assistant Job Description
1 Educated to a minimum of A level standard or have equivalent experience.
2 Previous PA experience, especially in diary and travel management.
3 Ability to undertake work of a confidential and sensitive nature and act with discretion and diplomacy.
4 Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Google applications, Internet and Email, with the ability to learn, adapt and use new software applications.
5 Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
6 Highly motivated and proactive.
7 Excellent organisational skills.
8 Ability to prioritise and organise workload and to negotiate with others.
9 High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
10 Ability to deal effectively with people to resolve problems, referring more complex issues to senior colleagues, where appropriate.
11 Flexible and with experience of adapting own skills to new circumstances.
12 Experience of developing and maintaining a network of contacts throughout own work area.
13 Experience of working in a customer-facing environment and providing excellent customer service.
14 Experience of committee servicing.