Procurement Operations Advisor Job Description
Job Summary-Procurement Operations Advisor Job Description
Procure the goods and services typically up to £50,000 value per transaction,needed by internal customers while satisfying needs, generating value and being appropriately fast and efficient.
Main Responsibilities-Procurement Operations Advisor Job Description
• Act as a central point for all procurement queries, providing great service and ensuring a positive experience for end users re: on-demand services (such as the Procurement Marketplace). Promote value for money in purchasing practice.
• Apply procurement processes, systems and policies effectively. Explain these approaches to others. Ensure compliance with institutional and legal regulations. Become the subject expert for assigned sub-processes.
• Source products, services and minor works between £5,000 and £50,000, achieving customer needs and saving money.
• Source products and services under £5000 when necessary to support customers. Support procurement colleagues leading more complex or higher-value projects. Negotiate prices and simple contracts.
• Select the most appropriate procurement method to use from framework agreements, the sourcing-to-payment marketplace(s) or conducting your own procurement exercise.
• Liaise with suppliers to achieve required delivery and service, and resolve problems.
Understand your internal customers and work with them as required.
• Ensure best value and compliance from procurement.
• Validate and authorise requisitions in a timely manner and ensuring compliance to policy and legal regulations.
• Review all new supplier request in a timely manner, ensuring compliance to policy and
• Raise purchase orders and template contracts. Manage delivery notes, claims and invoices.
• Reconcile and code purchasing card statements if necessary.
• Provide a high level of customer service to end users, providing procurement guidance and tools to promote best practice.
• Prepare and present reports to management
• Assist the Head of Procurement Operations with internal and external audit activity.
• Maintain and manage the supplier database, interacting with suppliers to ensure accurate prices & on time delivery.
• Support the development of guidance tools, templates and training materials to support buying activity.
• Practice continuous improvement: Research best practice and work collectively with the team and continually exceed our customers’ expectations.
Knowedge Skill Experience Qualifications-Procurement Operations Advisor Job Description
• Good standard of general education to include at least 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths (A*-C or 9-4 GCSE)
• Experience working in a commercial, procurement or finance role.
• Working in a customer focused environment
Skills and Abilities
• Handling complex enquiries
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to process information and data efficiently and effectively
• Prioritising and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Good inter-personal skills, dealing with a diverse range of people with accuracy, empathy and professionalism.
• Good level of IT user skills with familiarisation with ‘MS Office’, particularly excel (or similar).
Attitude and Behaviours
• Flexibility to work effectively in a busy environment with multiple demands
• Mind-set of change, growth and continuous improvement
• Proactivity in understanding how best to serve customer needs and support the objectives.