Sales Associate job description
Job Summary Sales Associate
The role of Sales Associate will entail identifying, qualifying and closing business through relationship building. Must have the ability to generate leads, set appointments and present both over the phone and in person. Cold calling skills are critical. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little supervision, be self-motivated and work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with vision, mission and values.
Main responsibilities-Sales Associate job description
• Familiarize yourself with all product offerings.
• Develops and makes sales presentations to potential and existing customers, as well as internal constituents.
• Develop and qualify leads, phone prospecting, setting up appointments, preparing and presenting sales proposals, closing deals.
• Designs, develops and deploys a comprehensive sales plan by account and identifies deal opportunities within each account.
• Actively and aggressively prospects for new customers by generating new leads; turns potential leads into sales results.
• Transitions new business from sales to account management in effective, efficient manner. Ensures smooth, seamless on boarding of new customers or customer processes.
• Actively identifies customer needs and ensures profitable solution based selling to increase revenues and create value added customer relationships.
• Effectively manages customer relationships that ensure continued contract renewals.
• Work with Account Management; identifies, and follows all customer complaints, concerns or issues through to successful resolution.
• Completes assigned sales reports in accurate and timely manner.
• Participates in sales processes and functions to include proposals, trade shows, presentations, meetings and etc.
• Consistently achieves proven and sustained sales results.
• Sets high expectations for goals and performance measures for self - meeting/exceeding assigned goals.
• Effectively communicates at all organizational levels.
• Protect company proprietary and confidential information in accordance with Confidentiality policy and Corporate Information Security Policies and Procedures.
• Maintain CRM system.
• Promote services through trade shows and public relations as necessary.
• Visit potential customers and explain our services as necessary.
• Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above that allows Sales Associate to give effective presentation of System.
• Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Management, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
• Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
• Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
• Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and customers of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
• Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
• Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
• Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Maintain contact with all customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
• Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-Sales Associate job description
• Minimum of 1 year industry experience and 3 years sales experience (inside & outside sales experience preferred).
• Has developed and executed tactical sales plans including quotas and account objectives.
• Sufficient industry and technical knowledge to communicate effectively with a variety of industry groups. Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• A strong customer focus; commitment to delivering quality solutions and maintaining effective customer relationships.
• Motivation necessary for achieving or surpassing objectives; passion for improving delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
• Proven and sustained Sales track record.
• Self-starter/self-motivated; driven to exceed established goals.
• Business competitive persona.
• Resilient -- handles stress and rejection without reaction.
• Excellent negotiation skill to secure and close deals.
• Exceptional presentation skills, written and verbal skills and equal strong listening skills.
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Products - PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and uses sales database tracking programs.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, business, finance, economics or related field preferred