Sales Executive Job Description TV Sports
Job Summary-Sales Executive TV Sports
The role of the Sales Executive is to exploit the full global commercial exploitation of all sporting rights.
Main responsibilities-Sales Executive job description-TV
Sales Performance & Reporting
• To be responsible for the promotion and sales of the Sports Catalogue.
• Contribute/feed in to the preparation of the territory strategy, business plan and annual forecasts as appropriate.
• To achieve pre-established sales contribution targets, to help prepare an annual forecast and to maintain tight control over the budget.
• To provide sales reports on performance, sales trip reports and ad hoc reports as directed
• Work with the Sales Support to ensure that all clients and prospects receive timely promotional and programming material (e.g. publicity, screeners, EDMs, master tapes, M&E soundtracks, scripts, team lists, sales summaries, competitor details and results).
• Build and maintain good relationships with Sport, both in Production and Broadcast directorates and with International Unit in order to facilitate liaison between clients and the unit, for access to live signals.
• Foster and maintain close contacts with the clients - including sports programme buyers, heads of sport, agents and event organisers, sports federations, event producers, ad agencies, corporate and production companies.
• To further build on the key relationships in the territories while maximising revenue and windowing opportunities from the other key and secondary broadcasters.
• To actively seek and forge new relationships with new terrestrial/satellite/cable channels in the free and pay-TV arenas, maximise all digital media opportunities and proactively pitch and sell archives we represent.
• Ensure clients and agents are kept informed of all new sports programme releases, archive content, event coverage and availability. To identify the client need for new events or back catalogue packages and to clear rights to facilitate this, where necessary.
• To work closely with the Sales Support to ensure that all clients and prospects receive timely promotional and programming material (e.g. publicity, screeners, EDMs, master tapes, M&E soundtracks, and scripts).
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of the global sports television distribution and broadcast industry, including competitor activity and developments in each territory.
• The Sport Sales executive to be well connected within the global sports business sector and to be wholly informed of market trends, media distribution of sporting activities and relevant developments in technology.
• As agreed with the Head Of Sport, to attend and actively participate in the major Sports trade fairs such as Sportel, any local television markets, as well as conduct sales visits to the territory as and when required.
• To ensure that commercial criteria are rigorously applied to all contracts, thereby maximising revenue and profit.
• To carefully negotiate all deal terms of each agreement, including pricing, license period, delivery terms and payment plan referring to the Head Of Sport as appropriate.
• To prepare and review contracts, and to follow through on all details necessary to execute contract (e.g. client signature, receipt and signature).
• To maintain strong credit control and to chase outstanding debts where and when necessary.
• To fully support the Head Of Sport, to work with the two Sports Sales Executives and the Sales Support.
• Achieve net sales target.
• Achieve net contribution on target, defined as net sales less operating costs.
• Generate year on year growth of the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities- Sales Executive job description-TV.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Proven sales experience at Executive level within programme distribution
• Good knowledge of Sports with experience in Television Sports preferred
• Excellent negotiation, presentation and client management in a complex business environment
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to work with a wide portfolio of customers and territories
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to deal with people of all levels
• Good team player
• Excellent knowledge of Digital Media