Sales Manager Hotels Job Description
Job Summary Sales Manager Hotels job description
Reporting to the Director of Sales (DOS), the Sales Manager (SM) will be primarily responsible for the direct sales and marketing of guest rooms, meeting and conference business in the group tour and sports team market segments. The SM will help the DOS with other market segments as required.
Within the plans, policies and guidelines of Your Hotel, the SM will perform the following duties as well as any other duties as required
Main responsibilities-Sales Manager job description-Hotels
Direct Sales Activities (50% of time)
1. Prospect for potential new business through direct telephone solicitations and market research, on a continual basis.
2. Maintain weekly quotas for telephone solicitations, outside sales calls and site inspections, as assigned by the DOS.
3. Establish and maintain a client filing and trace system, documenting all correspondence and meetings with clients.
4. Participate in weekly sales meetings, reporting in writing weekly sales activities to the DOS & planning future sales activities.
5. Conduct ongoing market research by compiling information from local directories, newspapers, trade journals & other publications.
6. Conduct ongoing competition analysis by surveying local hotel parking lots & lobby boards & by compiling & reporting findings.
7. Participate in out-of-town direct sales trips as required.
8. Assist in the achievement of budgeted hotel revenues.
9. Prepare and execute a sales strategy to increase Sports Team business, including personal visits to appropriate college and university convenors in the months of July and August.
Booking Activities (30% of time)
1. Negotiate appropriate guest room rates for volume bookers.
2. Prepare proposals, as required, for volume guest room, meeting or conference business & follow up all proposals in a timely fashion.
3. Prepare contracts for group bookings, ensuring that appropriate space is allocated and that clients are instructed on rooming lists, payment requirements and other terms and conditions.
4. Set-up group blocks and correspond with the front desk manager on a weekly basis to monitor.
5. Collect signed contracts and correspond with other departments to ensure the proper delivery of negotiated services.
Marketing and Promotions (10% of time)
1. Assist in research, writing, execution of Your Hotel’s Marketing Plan.
2. Promote Your Hotel at trade and consumer shows, as required.
3. Assist in the planning and execution of special promotional events such as Client Parties, and New Year's Eve Gala.
4. Assist in the preparation and implementation of direct marketing campaigns.
Public Relations (10% of time)
1. Participate in community special events on an on-going basis, maintaining the positive public image and top-of-mind awareness of Your Hotel.
2. Participate as an active member of a local committee, maintaining the positive public image and top-of-mind awareness of Your Hotel.
Relationship with Hotel Staff
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager will be expected to carry out duties and responsibilities with a minimum of direct supervision and will be held accountable for such actions. The SM is expected to keep the DOS informed of actions taken and results achieved. Although the SM is not directly involved with hotel operations, it is understood that the SM will work closely with all other hotel departments to ensure the efficient delivery of negotiated services. The SM will follow up with clients periodically, to measure customer satisfaction and report any problems immediately to the DOS for appropriate action.