Sales Support Administrator Job Description
Job Summary Sales Support Administrator Job Description
To support the Sales team by providing administrative support across the Sales process in a key client facing role. Involves complex Administrative tasks, a wide and varied customer base in the market and important relationships with a number of businesses.
This role requires the individual to be highly organised with the ability to manage their own workload. This post is responsible for ensuring clients receive a first class service and that the Sales Teams are well supported in their need to deliver revenues into the company.
Main responsibilities-Sales Support Administrator job description
• To provide complete administrative support to the Sales team including diary management, dealing with incoming mail and phone calls, fielding general internal and client queries, organising diaries for Markets and Trade Fairs and organising business trips.
To maintain comprehensive records of client correspondence and other relevant client and territory information. To cover other Sales Support positions during holiday or sick leave.
• To actively promote the Catalogue and to manage all client notifications including registration, client updates.
• To maintain comprehensive records of client data on the contact management system (Microsoft CRM). To work closely with Sales Teams to ensure CRM is always up to date with clients’ contacts. To actively use CRM to create client invitation lists, corporate mailing lists, invitations to Territory events etc.
• To organise and send promotional material to customers as directed by the Sales team. This will involve researching information through the Online Catalogue, sending links and/or publicity to clients.
• Distribute appropriate marketing information to clients in the territory - catalogues, brochures and other relevant publicity, prepare specific presentation for Sales pitches as required by the Sales team and liaise with Marketing Team on direct marketing campaigns.
• To update Sales teams on expected delivery date of materials from Production. To keep clients informed of lead / delivery times on new materials and any delays in delivery.
• To administrate the Sales Order process – working with Sales Exec on signature and processing of paperwork, issuing and signature of standard and non-standard contracts, processing of Sales Orders. To maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all Sales. To communicate with the Finance Department for purposes of accurate accounting and invoicing.
• To understand fully the processes and costs for supplying products to clients and to communicate these to the Sales teams to inform their deal negotiations. To order up relevant technical materials and artwork to service the territory deals using systems. To track delivery of materials and ensure timely and efficient delivery to clients to meet their deadlines.
• Sales & Financial reporting – to liaise with Execs in updating the Weekly Sales Tally with deal information confirmed and pending and provide other management information on Sales in the territory as required.
• To have a good understanding of the client base and company profiles in the territory/market and a thorough knowledge of the Worldwide catalogue.
• To attend Trade Fairs to support the Events teams in UK and overseas if required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-Sales Support Administrator job description
• Administrative experience, preferably within a media or sales environment
• Excellent IT Skills on basic systems e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and need to be adept at learning new Systems
• Strong organisations skills, ability to prioritise and demonstrate attention to detail
• To be pro-active and demonstrate initiative
• Good team player and experience of dealing with complex administrative tasks
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with people at all levels