Sales Support Job Description
Job Summary Sales Support job description
1. To support the territory sales team in maximising revenue through the exploitation of company publishing product
2. To develop strong working relationships with both internal departments and external clients.
3. To provide complete sales support to the sales executives
4. To act as a first point of contact for customers with any queries or problems and ensure that clients receive a full and efficient pre sales and after sales service.
5. To assist the sales executives in any other areas of the business as required.
Main responsibilities-Sales Support job description
General Sales Support Responsibilities:
1. To give complete administrative support to the Sales Executive(s) working in a customer-facing role to fulfil the contracts that have been negotiated.
2. General administrative duties including scheduling meetings, organising sales diary for international markets, organising business trips, handling client mail-outs.
3. To maintain comprehensive records of correspondence with clients and all other relevant information. Publishing Research:
1. To use PI, Online Catalogue and other research tools to identify product matching a given brief.
2. To provide sales team with information on product release dates, pricing points etc.
3. Update team on UK marketing activities, UK publishing deadlines and current TV Sales activity.
4. To liaise with Commercial Rights in terms of clearance costs and identify any difficulties in the rights or clearance process. Job Description Sales Support [cont] Promotional Activity:
1. To organise and send pre-sale, promotional and viewing material to the customer as directed by the sales team.
2. To assist in any preparation work undertaken by the executive in advance of trade fairs.
After Sales Operation:
1. To produce standard and non-standard contracts from information provided by the sales team ensuring they are sent out to the client, returned by set deadlines and filed.
2. To ensure that the customer has all of the master materials they need in order to create the localised product.
3. To collate customer royalty statements for the sales team and raise associated invoices.
1. Co-ordinate the approval for overseas marketing materials to ensure copyright, logos and credits are fully included.
2. Organise marketing materials such as style guides, artwork and press information required for each successful product launch and raise associated invoices. Sales Reporting and Accountability:
1. To process all sales in a timely and accurate fashion.
2. To maintain up-to-date and accurate records of all publishing sales as well as approved and rejected titles.
3. To update the weekly publishing sales tally and liaise with finance to ensure that customers are receiving and paying invoices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-Sales Support job description
1. Previous experience of working in an office Sales Support environment
2. Strong relevant administrative experience, preferably within a publishing licensing environment
3. Language skills in Spanish to intermediate or above level and/or other Italian, Greek, Turkish or Portuguese.
4. Excellent IT Skills on basic systems e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint and need to be adept at learning new systems
5. Strong organisational skills; ability to prioritise and demonstrate attention to detail
6. To be pro-active and demonstrate initiative
7. Good team player and experience of dealing with complex administrative tasks
8. Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with people at all levels Job Description Sales Support