Salesperson job description
Job Summary-Salesperson job description
To maximise the sales of company goods and services and to ensure the commercial success of the company by identifying new markets and business opportunities.
Main responsibilities-Salesperson job description
* maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers;
* visiting potential customers to prospect for new business;
* acting as a point of contact between the company and existing/ potential markets;
* negotiating the terms of agreement`s and closing sales;
* gathering market and customer information;
* representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
* negotiating variations in price, delivery and specifications with managers;
* advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
* liaising with suppliers to check on the progress of existing orders;
* checking quantities of goods on display and in stock;
* recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office;
* reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
* gaining a clear understanding of customers` businesses and requirements;
* making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotations;
* feeding future buying trends back to the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities- Salesperson job description
* Commercial awareness and strong communication skills.
*the ability and desire to sell;
* a confident and determined approach;
* resilience, and the ability to cope with rejection;
* a high degree of self-motivation and ambition;
* the skills to work both independently and as part of a team;
* the ability to flourish in a competitive environment;
A full driving licence is essential.