SITS Analyst and Developer Job Description
Job Purpose-SITS Analyst and Developer Job Description
This post will also be required to work on specific developments around the latest Data Futures specification. In addition, the post holder is expected to provide, in conjunction with the team, staff training, day-to-day support, problem management and resolution.
Main Duties and Responsibilities-SITS Analyst and Developer Job Description
• To work with key stakeholders to gather and document their requirements, produce agreed functional and technical specifications.
• Actively participate in working groups to analyse reporting requirements.
• To contribute to the on-going development of the information system (SITS) and associated systems using initiative and creativity to meet identified requirements and identify, evaluate, and implement suitable solutions.
• To ensure that agreed solutions support the department’s strategic objectives, are of an excellent standard, are appropriately integrated, and are fully tested before being deployed into the live environment.
• Work with the Data Returns Team on specific developments that will assist in complying with the latest Data Futures Specification.
• Ensure the full reporting suite is fully utilised in the development and management of a self- service suite of reports.
• Using agreed operating procedures, to provide support for existing applications, investigation of new functionality, problem analysis and identification of appropriate action, understanding user needs and providing clear and accurate information on how to resolve their issues.
• To plan and prioritise work in consultation with the line manager, provide input into project and team plans, and to carry out programming, system build and configuration, and other development activity within a supervised schedule of work.
• To prepare technical documentation and other material to support users and other written documentation relating to software development and functionality for users is clearly documented and easily maintained by other team members.
• To co-ordinate projects, which involve assessing the feasibility of the development, ensuring that all requirements have been documented and conducting system testing to ensure that the implemented system functions according to the requirements.
• To represent the organisation at User Group meetings and seminars at local, regional and national events, and take part in online User Forums as appropriate, to keep up to date with system developments
• To assist in the development of training materials and the department’s intranet and website.
• To ensure the smooth running of systems and services and working in partnership with the team and Computing Services improve the experience of the end-user, reduce duplication in administrative processes and improve system performance.
• To carry out any other tasks requested appropriate to the grade of the post and its purpose. To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above
Knowledge Skills Education and Responsibilities-SITS Analyst and Developer Job Description
• Degree or equivalent in a business or IT related subject
• Good standards of numeracy and literacy demonstrated by GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above or equivalent/higher qualifications
• Experience of working with large relational databases.
• Experience of providing an IT development/support service in a highly pressurised environment
• Experience in business analysis and writing technical documentation and user guides. • Experience of software development projects through all phases form initial analysis to live deployment.
• Proven ability to design and build successful quality solutions to address complicated business problems and issues
• Experience of dealing with requests for help in person, over the telephone and by email
• Ability and confidence to provide expert advice and guidance about business systems, reporting tools, and business processes.
Skills & Attributes
• Ability to interpret business requirements and develop an appropriate solution
• Ability to define requirements and resolve problems in a timely, effective and efficient manner
• Ability to implement solutions to enable seamless integration of key business systems • Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly explain technical concepts and solutions to customers who have varying skills and abilities
• Ability to deal sensitively and fairly with escalated calls from users, including on particularly difficult and sensitive issues.
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills to quickly and effectively solve technical and other work related problems in a logical and methodical
• Ability to develop software using SITS and e:Vision development tools App Form & Interview R6385 manner
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. • An aptitude for creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Willingness and ability to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
• Strong customer service ethos, the tenacity to see problems/incidents resolved, and a strong commitment to the continuous improvement of services
• Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise a varied workload to meet deadlines in an efficient and effective manner and be selfmotivated. • Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team