Software Engineer Job Description
Job Summary-Software Engineer Job Description
Responsible for implementing effective software and tools for given designs
Key Responsibilities -Software Engineer Job Description
• Develop effective software that meets given specifications.
• Review and give feedback on others’ code.
• Write tests using automated test-driven techniques for ensure code quality.
• Integrate the software with monitoring and support tools.
• Support system integration in its operating environment.
• Write and review technical documentation.
• Help troubleshoot and resolve issues throughout the product life cycle, including out of hours support for incident resolution.
• Participate in the team's agile planning and delivery process.
• Participate in the team’s software development methodologies, such as pairing, code and documentation reviewing, and continuous delivery.
• Learn new technologies and keep informed of existing technologies.
-Knowledge of SQL databases, or any other databases a plus.
-Championing new technologies and approaches to ensure our products remain world class.
-Collaborating effectively to deliver the best value audience experience.
-Ensuring your code meets high quality standards through testing and peer reviews.
-Working with others to get things done in a proactive and positive way.
-Working with designers on new application concepts and building prototypes.
-Contributing to an environment of engineering excellence and continuous improvement.
-Mentoring and training new team members.
-Contributes to creating safe and inclusive working environments.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience-Software Engineer Job Description
• Experience writing and maintaining robust production software.
• Competence in one or more mainstream development languages and frameworks.
• Competence with one or more mainstream development and deployment tool
chains(Integrated Development Environment (IDE), Source Code Control System (SCCS), Continuous Integration (CI)).
• Knowledge of the web architecture and key technologies (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP),
Domain Name System (DNS), distributed design).
• Competence in test driven development and broader testing & QA concerns.
• Competence in developing for operational concerns (monitoring integration, performance testing, security considerations).
• Experience of project working and professional software development processes, including agile
• Collaboration within a team – ability to speak up, challenge, agree and commit.
• Experience of database design and use in software applications.
• Takes responsibility for delivering tasks to completion.
• Understanding of designing and implementing for non-functional concerns.
• Worked in a professional software development environment on several projects (including experience in testing, design and release).
• Experience of releasing software to a production use case.
• Participated in reviews and inspections of code.
• Software Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent.