Sous Chef Job Description-Senior
Job Purpose-Sous Chef Job Description-Senior
To assist the Head Chef in the development and delivery of high quality meals including sourcing locally produced products and ensuring the highest standards are maintained in order to continue to surprise and delight our customers.
Key Responsibilities-Sous Chef Job Description-Senior
Co-ordination of service and food preparation
• Liaise with the Head Chef on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
• To deputise for the Head chef as an when nesseccary.
• Ensure all food production is carried out to standards and ensure complete customer satisfaction. All food production and service to be agreed with the Head Chef
• Ensure accurate records are kept at all times relating to the food production and wastage, for all service periods. Ensure that all foods are labelled, stored and handled in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
• Organise the food service area to ensure that the correct portions are served at all times.
• Make sure the wastage is kept to a minimum at all times.
• Menus must be followed to ensure all financial targets are achieved.
• Ensure that all costed menus are fully followed to ensure financial targets are met.
• To be in attendance for feasts.
• Lead by example and be a valued team member, creating and maintaining a good team spirit.
• Supervise duties giving technical advice and guidance when necessary.
• Instruct and support apprentices and other trainees in food preparation and kitchen management.
• Assist in administration duties including costings, ordering and menu writing.
• Attend all staff (including senior management) meetings and undertake training when required.
• Recognise that all members and customers are individuals and must be treated with respect.
• Be visible, particularly at service times.
• Consistently present a positive and professional attitude at all times so the department objectives are met.
• Deal with all queries or client comments promptly and efficiently
Hygiene, Health and Safety
• Ensure all hygiene, health and safety standards are adhered to and the Health & Safety policy is complied with.
• Ensure the implement of cleaning rotas/schedules are carried out and spot checks are completed on each area.
• Demonstrate a consistently high standard of personal cleanliness and appearance.
• Ensure that all faults are reported as necessary to the Head Chef
• Wear correct uniform and follow personal hygiene rules.
• Maintain all aspects of on site security and ensure all relevant instructions are followed
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-Sous Chef Job Description-Senior
1. Knowledge and Qualifications
• City & Guilds 706 1&2 or NVQ equivalent qualification
• CIEH/Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
• CIEH/Intermediate Fopod Hygiene Certificate
• CIEH Basic Health and Safety Certificate or equivalent
• Good knowledge of current food trends
• Up to date allergen training
• Full and current driving licence valid for UK
• Breadth of experience, skills and achievements gained from working within a hotel, restaurant or contract catering environment.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience
• Management experience, or a willingness to develop management skills
3. Skills and Abilities
• Good communication skills
• Accurate record keeping skills and general attention to detail
• Organisationsal skills in order to be able to run a busy food service area
• Ability to maintain financial targets in respect of menus
• Ability to follow instructions from Head Chef at all times
• Motivational skills and to lead by example
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to supervise staff
• IT literate
4. Personal Characteristics and Behaviours
• Flair and passion for food
• Positive and professional attitude
• Team player and able to lead by example, treating others with respect
• Demonstrate a high standard of personal cleanliness and appearance
• Polite manner in dealing with customers and staff
• Ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure