Sustainability Officer Job Description-Travel
Job Summary-Sustainability Officer Job Description
Responsible for overseeing, administering and developing all aspects of travel and transport, implementing the Travel Plan and contribute to the Sustainability Strategy and net carbon zero plans
Key Responsibilities-Sustainability Officer Job Description
1. Assist with the production of and administer the implementation of the Travel Plan and contribute to the Sustainability Sub-Strategy and net carbon zero plans.
2. Assist in the measurement and monitoring of carbon emissions generated by the travel and transport related activities.
3. Administration of the Vehicle Fleet policy.
4. Be responsible for the management of the fleet fuel and repairs system co-ordinating bookings for vehicles as required.
5. Responsible for organising and renewing lease vehicles.
6. Update travel and transport related information as required, including website information and signs and notices; ensuring information is updated along with changes to the rules and adhering to legislation.
7. Be responsible for the publication and provision of information, regular news items and other appropriate documents regarding travel and transport issues and initiatives, affecting the company.
8. Establish communication links in order to solicit discussion and feedback.
9. Respond to travel and transport enquiries regarding facilities, offers and schemes.
10. Ensure the smooth operation of the parking management system.
11. Manage, lead and develop the Sustainability Administrator and Traffic Officers.
12. Liaise with local authorities public transport providers and partner organisations as required.
13. Develop effective working partnerships with a range of stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure that access to and around the business by active forms of transport is facilitated for staff and visitors.
14. Research, implement and promote new schemes to promote and facilitate the use of active forms of transport and reduce the number of private car journey to and from work.
15. Deliver training on travel and transport initiatives and other associated items as and when required.
16. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge Skills Experience Education-Sustainability Officer Job Description
GCSE Grade C or above, in English and Mathematics and 3 other
subjects, or equivalent
A relevant qualification in Administration
Experience of working in a similar role within an office environment
Experience of dealing with challenging situations
Knowledge and understanding of data protection and
Experience creating and working on travel plans
Experience of working within a similar environment
Strong organisational and administrative skills with a systematic
approach to work
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish good
working relationships with a wide range of people
Proven expertise in Microsoft Office
A proven ability to work and maintain perspective under pressure,
including implementing difficult and unpopular decisions
Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to write
clearly and concisely
The ability to work with minimum of supervision and as part of a
team and to provide flexible support to colleagues
The willingness to travel to the other business units as required
Ability to meet the requirements of UK ‘right to work’ legislation