Tester Job Description
Job Summary-Tester Job Description
The tester plays a key role in product design and development and is responsible for writing, executing and reporting on tests. The tester provides insight into the state of a product throughout development and deployment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities-Tester Job Description
• Writing and executing functional tests and carrying out exploratory testing to assess product performance.
• Support, implement and help shape the test approach.
• Planning, estimating and reporting test activities.
• Contributing to test process and procedural improvements.
• Raising descriptive, concise and useful defect reports.
• Leading defect triage meetings with other disciplines.
• Troubleshooting– finding critical bugs or verifying reported issues, identifying their underlying cause and seeing them through to resolution liaising with other teams where appropriate.
• Supporting change through experimenting and analysis to improve processes.
• Mentoring junior team members.
• Working with other test roles and development teams to ensure the spread of good practices and sharing of knowledge.
• Provide support in tool evaluations and selections.
• Communicating status information and issues to a variety of stakeholders, adapting
appropriately depending on the audience.
• Working with product teams and stakeholders to ensure that each feature is clearly understood before implementation, validated early and throughout implementation, and verified when implementation is complete.
• Learn from and contribute to the test community
Knowledge, skills, training and experience-Tester Job Description
• Experience of and ability to design and execute effective tests
• Evidence planning, executing functional, systems and regression test.
• Experience applying an analytical and detail-orientated approach to problem solving and solution design.
• Experience implementing continuous improvement.
• An aptitude for learning new technologies and ways of working.
• Ability to input and support in creation, adaptation and execution of effective test strategies.
• Ability to think creatively, problem solve and innovate.
• Good written and spoken communications skills.
• Work closely and communicate clearly within cross-functional teams.
• Ability to experiment, analyse and continually improve test practices.
• Good understanding of test automation and its value within agile delivery.
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
• Working knowledge of product/defect/test case management systems.
• An appreciation of good user-experience and able to be the users/audience advocate.
• Good understanding of usability and accessibility of applications and products.
• Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB), International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) or Certified Agile Tester certification..
• Relevant degree