Warehouse Operative Job Description
Job Summary: Warehouse Operative Job Description
Dealing with the movement of goods within the warehouse as well as cleaning of returned equipment and the loading and unloading of vans. They also assist other staff in the stores and can go out as assistant with the drivers on deliveries and collections.
Key Responsibilities: Warehouse Operative Job Description
1. Assist in cleaning and refurbishment of equipment.
2. Identify damaged equipment for repair or condemnation.
3. Move equipment around the warehouse
4. Assist in loading and unloading deliveries and collections.
5. Assist in getting delivery loads together for the drivers and the satellite stores
6. Assist the drivers in the delivery and collection of equipment in the community, especially when there are large items requiring 2 person delivery.
7. Comply with health and safety requirements when handling equipment
8. Communicate effectively with members of the multi-disciplinary team
9. Report any incidents or concerns to management
10. Undertake general warehouse and storekeeping duties.
11. Advise the co-ordinator of minimum stock levels.
12. Cleaning of equipment – undertake cleaning of equipment
13. Inspect all returned equipment for damage and carry out routine maintenance repairs as necessary. Report major defects to management
14. To take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others in the working environment and comply with instructions on safe moving and handling practices.
15. To attend health and safety and equipment awareness training to maintain up to date skills and knowledge.
16. Report any adverse incidents using events reporting procedure.
17. The post holder shall as necessary provide cover for and undertake duties of absent
18. The post holder shall follow all the policies and procedures of the Business.
Knowledge Skills and Education-Warehouse Operative Job Description
QUALIFICATIONS: Manual handling training
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE: Able to work as part of a team
Able to work with other drivers on heavy and awkward loads
Experience of working with the public
Experience of working in a stores environment
Experience of fitting and assembling equipment