Web Editor Job Description
Job Purpose-Web Editor Job Description
The Web Editor will work with
colleagues to create engaging and SEO-friendly content for the website and intranet and support the Web Developer with day-to-day tasks.
They will have a keen eye for detail and a clear ability to write, proof and edit a
variety of copy. They must also be familiar with WordPress and have some experience of writing basic code and analysing data.
Key Responsibilities- Web Editor Job Description
• Work with the Marketing Team and relevant departments to
ensure that the website and intranet are up-to-date and that content is clear
• Support the Web Developer with day-to-day tasks, such as helping to improve
website accessibility and page SEOs and checking for broken links and outdated content.
• Create web forms using basic HTML and ensure data is collected, managed and
• Provide colleagues and teams with useful website data via Google Analytics.
• Support the Marketing Team in maintaining website content by writing, proof reading and editing SEO-friendly copy, and choosing and uploading relevant images and video.
• Organise participants in focus groups for website user testing.
• Work with staff in all Departments to audit website content for future redesign and development.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of
yourself and other persons and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of the responsibility entailed.
Knowledge Skills Experience and Education-Web Editor Job Description
Writing content for websites with the intention of improving accessibility.
Writing and editing basic HTML.
Website content management using WordPress.
Experience of working in a creative environment.
Experience of working in a similar environment.
Experience of editing images for the web.
Excellent written skills.
Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Basic HTML skills.
Outstanding organisation and time management skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to gather and analyse data via Google Analytics
Good understanding of HTML and SEO.
Knowledge of WCAG Accessibility Standards and how to meet them.
Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
Ability to work to deadlines.